The Who, The Why, The What, The Where & The How
Who am I?
Behind the copymouse moniker is me, Marie Belsten.
I’m a fully-human freelance copywriter and content editor based in rural Mid Devon.
I write creative and engaging copy that promotes and sells products, services, brands and ideas.
I work with small businesses, digital marketing agencies, charities, musicians, artists, and entrepreneurs across the South West and beyond.
Having worked with a variety of clients across a plethora of sectors, my specialisms are wide-ranging.
I have extensive knowledge and experience of a number of industries, including local retail, digital marketing, education, healthcare, music, theatre, interior design, travel and leisure, fashion and lifestyle, manufacturing, and third sector arts projects.
I have a degree in English Literature from the University of Exeter, I’m a qualified teacher of English & Drama, and a member of ProCopywriters – the UK’s largest membership organisation for commercial copywriters.
- Affordable copywriting delivered on time and to budget;
- A highly adaptable writing style for a diverse range of audiences;
- No project too big or small – from simple web page edits through to full brochure copy;
- Powerful website copy that drives traffic to your site and generates sales;
- Skilled at finding the words that convert, I can help you to stand out in a saturated market;
- Adept at researching and skilfully integrating the best SEO keywords, I can help you to boost your search engine rankings;
- Focused on user experience – I can produce the type of high-quality content your customers will want to read;
- A versatile, friendly and flexible approach;
- Great feedback from existing and previous clients;
- I’m a bit of a perfectionist, and extremely conscientious when it comes to my work – I refuse to write keyword-stuffed nonsense, or content for content’s sake;
- I’m passionate about writing, and I have over 20 years’ experience of writing copy in a variety of contexts;
- Marketing credentials built up over 15+ years;
- I have been building, editing and maintaining WordPress websites for clients since 2015.
What can I do for your business?
Every business or project starts with the seed of an idea.
As roots are established and a business begins to grow, it becomes difficult to maintain control of all the branches of responsibility involved with running an enterprise.
Business planning, marketing, buying, selling, customer service, keeping financial records, completing tax returns, keeping your website and social channels up to date, maintaining your business property (if you have one) – trying to keep on top of all of this can quickly become overwhelming for small business owners.
There comes a point where, if your business is to continue to grow, and even branch out, then specialist outside help will be needed for many of these essential tasks.
Marketing and branding often get pushed down the priority list of many small businesses. Sadly, this is an all too common contributory factor when it comes to fledgling businesses going under.
In today’s hugely competitive global market – and even in small, local markets – the stakes have never been higher. This is why it is crucial to have an excellent marketing strategy that is continually reviewed and updated.
An essential element of this strategy should be to produce high quality print and online copy. After all, for the majority of potential new customers, reading about your business will be their first encounter with your website.
Like it or not, many people will base their decision about whether or not to do business with you on this first impression of your written content.
From SEO-optimised website content and product descriptions, to engaging blog posts and persuasive landing pages, I can build awareness of your brand and drive traffic to your website.
I have been able to help a wide range of clients across several industries to improve their search engine rankings, and I can do the same for you.
I craft highly targeted, impactful copy that will resonate with your intended audience, adapting my writing style skillfully to ensure that your brand’s unique voice is conveyed strongly and effectively.
Whatever your product or service and whoever you need to sell it to, I can help you to create a marketing campaign to be proud of, website copy that captures your brand perfectly, and eye-catching ads that’ll get you noticed for all the right reasons.
So, how do we get the ball rolling?
Whether you need ongoing support, or assistance with a one-off project, please do get in touch for an informal, no-obligation chat to see if I can help.